Tandoori chicken Tikka is one the most popular chicken appetizer from Indian Cuisine. The word Tikka means bits, pieces or chunks. The Indian version BBQ is the Meat chunks that are marinated in special spices for hours and then grilled on our Clay Oven (Tandoori) on skewers to give a smoky taste
List of Ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoon garam masala (Mixture of Black peppercorn, cloves, Cinnamon, mace, cumin and etc.)
- 8 Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1/2 tablespoon orange food coloring
- 1 cup fresh yogurt (thick curt)
- 1 kg. skinless and boneless chicken breast or thigh (2-inch chunks per piece)
- 2-3 onion, cut into very thin rings (optional)
- 3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- Half lemon for garnish (optional)
- Chopped carrot and other vegetables as per wish to garnish (optional)
Here a very simple list what to do:
First, grind finely chopped fresh coriander and all the marinade ingredients in a blender to make a fine paste.
Pour the mixture in a bowl and add Yogurt (Yogurt must be thick and it shouldn’t be sweet for a perfect tikka)
Cover the chunk chicken piece with the marinade mixture (make sure it’s all cover) and leave it for about 24 hours in refrigerator.
Now, it’s time to grill but before that keep the chicken tikka in a normal room temperature for about 15 minutes. Heat the oven or grill to medium heat. Place skewers and roast chicken until it turns out reddish and cooked from all sides.
Finally, chicken tikka is ready. Place chicken tikka on plate removing skewers and garnish with lemon, Chopped carrots, spicy pickles and other vegetables (You can squeeze few drops of lemon on chicken tikka as per taste. Delicious!)