Benefits of Ajwain seeds
Carom seeds popularly known as Ajwain seeds in Asian communities is a rare spices that fulfill the twin purpose of adding flavor and are good for health. They are rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It vary from being slightly olive green to brown in color. The seeds have a bitter and pungent flavor, somewhat like oregano, and because of its strong aromatic essence, it is often added to curries and pickles. It is important herbs for Indian kitchen to make the Indian cuisine tasty. They can even be chewed raw, added to water or tea to extract maximum benefits from them. Benefits of Ajwain seeds are listed below:
- Helps in maintaining digestive health
- Quick relief from acidity
- Helps in cleaning wounds
- Helps to cleanse the urinary bladder
- Removes phlegm thus good for cold and cough
- Treat ear pains that happens due to congestion
- Helps in losing weight
- Helps in Boosting Respiratory Health
- Helps in Strengthening Immune System
- Helps in balancing Cholesterol
- Helps in treating of many pregnancy related problems
Carom seeds (100 grams) contain following nutrients:
Calories(305), fat(25gram), Saturated Fat (4 gram), Polyunsaturated Fat (15gram), Môn saturated Fat (5 gram), Sodium (10gram), Carbs (43gram), Fibre (39 gram), and Protein (16 gram).
How to make Ajwain Paratha?
- 3 cups of wholemeal flour (gram flour may be used)
- 3 teaspoon of Ajwain crushed seeds
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- Warm water (as per need)
- 4 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- Salt to taste
Here’s how to make:
Take a plate and pour wheat flour. Mix it along with all other ingredients.
Mix the flour (ingredients) and water very well by hand and keep adding warm water until the dough is flexible/ lumpy (You do not have to be exact about the measurements, we never are).
Leave the dough for 15-20 minutes before making savoury.
Now, we are ready to make Paratha. For this, place the dough on a chopping board and use a rolling pin to roll it out quite thinly.
Finally, heat a flat pan (tava) and cook it from both side. In this way, we can have a healthy but tasteful Paratha with pickles.